9 min read
The following is a list of individuals who sent their cancer into remission by only using cannabis (marijuana) oil. No other forms of treatment were used while taking the oil. In many cases, they had been declared terminally ill by their doctors. They have been independently verified through news media, verifiable documentation or doctor statements. Does this list prove that cannabis oil cures cancer? Unfortunately not, there are many documented cases of people who took cannabis oil while fighting cancer and they still succumbed to the disease. What it does prove is that in some cases cannabis oil can send cancer into remission. Before going to the list, it’s important to understand the scientific reason why cannabis works as a medicine in general, and more specifically, the scientific reason why it can send cancer into remission.
WHY CANNABIS WORKS AS A MEDICINE — THE ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM
The following is a very simple description of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) and why cannabis (marijuana) works as a medicine. It is written for people without a medical or scientific background.
The Endocannabinoid System is not a theory or an opinion, it is a scientific fact. All animals (with the exception of insects) have an ECS. The ECS was discovered by scientists studying how cannabis interacts with the brain. That’s why they named it the Endocannabinoid System (endo means internal and cannabinoids are compounds found in the cannabis plant). The ECS has two primary functions:
1) Retrograde Signaling System — The ECS functions as a signaling system throughout the body. Before the discovery of the ECS, scientists believed that signals in the body only went in one direction. With the discovery of the ECS, they realized that the ECS allows the body to send signals back and forth. This is very important because if the body can’t communicate with itself, it can’t fix itself.
2) Homeostasis — The definition of homeostasis is: “the tendency toward a relatively stable equilibrium between interdependent elements, especially as maintained by physiological processes”. There are 12 different systems in the body working together. The other primary function of the ECS is to maintain an inner equilibrium of the body (homeostasis) between all these systems. It is similar to a conductor directing the orchestra. It does this through a processes of locks and keys. The locks are called cannabinoid receptors which are located throughout the brain and body. CB1 and CB2 are the most common cannabinoid receptors. The primary keys are called anandamide and 2-AG. By turning these locks on or off, the ECS is able to maintain homeostasis.
It turns out that cannabis has two compounds called THC and CBD which can mimic anandamide and 2-AG respectively. So when you consume cannabis, the THC and CBD are able to fit into the cannabinoid receptors in the same way that anandamide and 2-AG do. This is the reason why cannabis works as a medicine.
The following two short articles do an excellent job of describing the Endocannabinoid System in more scientific detail and describe how the compounds in cannabis can be used to fight numerous diseases:
1) A brief two page timeline of significant discoveries surrounding cannabis which eventually led to the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System and the medical implications of this discovery.
2) Dr Ethan Russo was the Senior Medical Advisor to GW Pharmaceuticals. GW Pharmaceuticals , a NASDAQ listed company, is considered to be the leading company in the development of cannabis based pharmaceuticals. This is a brief four page summary he wrote which explains why cannabis works as a medicine against a variety of diseases.
HOW CANNABIS OIL FIGHTS CANCER
Now that we understand how cannabis oil works in general as a medicine, lets look at the specific reasons why cannabis oil helps the body fight cancer. The two primary cannabinoids that fight cancer are THC and CBD. At this point, thousands of studies have been conducted in vitro and in vivo which show that these two cannabinoids possess the following cancer fighting properties:
1) Antiproliferative — It prevents cancer cells from reproducing.
2) Antiangiogenic — It prevents the formation of new blood vessels needed by the tumor to grow.
3) Antimetastatic — It prevents cancer from spreading to other organs.
4) Apoptotic — It induces the cancerous cell to commit suicide.
It must be noted that smoking cannabis is the least effective way of using cannabis as a medicine. Although smoking cannabis can offer palliative effects, cannabis oil provides a much more concentrated form of cannabinoids which greatly increases it’s potency. In addition to offering palliative effects, ingesting cannabis oil can offer curative effects by interacting with the Endocannabinoid System in a more profound manner. One final note, although both CBD and THC have been shown to have cancer fighting properties, in the majority of these cases THC was the primary cannabinoid in the cannabis oil.
NOTE — Since there are no clinical studies of cannabis oil and cancer, and since doctors do not prescribe it, there is no official protocol regarding daily dosing amounts. Rick Simpson is the first recorded person to have cured himself from cancer (according to his reports). His story went viral and based on his story, people started using cannabis oil to fight their cancer. He states that ingesting 1 gram (1000 milligrams or 1000 mg) of cannabis a day for 60 days is what is required, but there is no scientific proof for this daily dosage. However, anecdotally speaking, this is what people are taking. To give you a bit of perspective — seasoned recreational cannabis users usually take around 25 milligrams (25 mg) in one session. Taking 1 gram (1000 mg) is 40 times that amount! Therefore, do not start at 1 gram per day, instead you have to acclimate (build up) to 1000 mg over a 2–4 week period by using the oil three times a day after each meal and slowly increasing it each day, at a pace you feel comfortable handling.
Why so much? When you take cannabis oil in such large amounts, you are flooding your body with THC (or CBD depending on the ratio of your oil). All cancer cells have CB1 and CB2 receptors. When THC or CBD binds to those receptors it induces the cancer cell to kill itself (apoptosis). Therefore, the more THC and CBD flowing through the body, the more likely it is that the cannabinoids will find and bind to the cancer cells.
NOTE — A natural remedy to minimize the intensity of the high is black pepper or peppercorns.
NOTE — Never buy any type of cannabis oil by mail. Only buy it from legal dispensaries in legal states, as they are required to test their products for potency and unwanted substances like pesticides, heavy metals, molds etc.
NOTE — There are different types of breast cancer: estrogen-receptor positive or negative, progesterone-receptor positive or negative, HER2 status, triple-positive and triple-negative. Anecdotal and lab evidence seems to indicate that high levels of THC actually INCREASE the growth of cancer in estrogen-receptor positive and triple-positive types. Anecdotal and lab evidence shows that using a higher ratio of CBD to THC oil is best in these cases.
This is an ongoing project. As I find more documented cases, I add them to the list.
I put this case at the top of the list because some people claim the placebo effect is responsible for these outcomes. Well, an 8 month old baby is not subject to the placebo effect. MRI of 8 month old child with brain tumor cured with cannabis oil (MRI shown 52 seconds into video).
Dennis did his graduate work at Baylor Medical School and was a cancer researcher at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. He was diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer. Based on his own knowledge of cancer and how cannabis oil works, he opted to try cannabis oil to cure himself.
Brian Stewart (famous Canadian race driver)
P.K. 14 year old, case written up in Case Reports in Oncology
“Melissa” anonymous name
Amber — Raw Cannabis Juice Video 7:58–9:43
Michael McShane two part article
Harry du Plessis
Colorado Boy’s Cancer Successfully Treated With Trill Alternative’s THC/CBD After Doctors Say…The doctors told Braden, and his mother, Amy Oliver, that there was little more they could do and the prognosis was…
EDMONTON – Two-year-old Cheyenne Zwicker from Irma, Alberta has been through six rounds of chemo since being diagnosed…
Tiffany Youngs – the wife of Leicester Tigers star Tom Youngs – has opened her heart to tell of her rollercoaster…
WITHOUT chemotherapy or radiation, Shona Leigh survived cancer and she claims to know something worth talking about. “I…
Given just months to live in Nov. 2016, Rheanna Trepanier is still fighting terminal brain cancer more than a year…
A Vietnam War veteran who spent 22 years in the Air Force was fired last month from his job as the dean of academics at…
Cecilia Von Harz
Two unnamed patients
No longer terminal Ron Nixons testimony at Active Cancer Therapy Support’s seminar, 15th Sept 2016. www.cancer-acts.com
“I started using cannabis oil as soon as I found out about the malignant lump in my breast,” says Kelly McQue, a mother…
Connecting People through News. All-you-can-read digital newsstand with thousands of the world’s most popular…
Case Series International Journal of Cancer Research & Treatment
1Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Klinikum Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Austria…